Introduction: IOT Mood Lamp
A IoT Mood lamp made using a Node MCU(ESP8266),RGB LEDs and a Jar. The colors of lamp can be changed using Blynk App. I have chose Tony Starks Memorial Statue which I have 3D printed to put in this lamp. You can take any readymade statue or you can 3D print as I have did.
Step 1: Supplies:
- Node MCU(ESP8266)
- 5V LEDs(Red, Green and Blue)
- 3D Printed Parts
- 5V Micro USB Adapter
Step 2: 3D Printing:
Step 3: Painting:
- I have painted all the 3D prints and Jar cap in white color.
- You can directly print the desired colored 3D model if you have the right color material or you can paint as I did.
Step 4: Circuit Connection:
- Make all the connections as shown in circuit diagram.
Step 5: Assembling:
- Put the statue on a base using waterproof glue.
- I have used spray can cap for the base which I painted white.
- Fill the water in the jar and close the cap.
- Now put the NodeMCU inside the 3D printed case and place it on the base of the Jar(i.e top) using glue.
Step 6: App Setup:
- Click for App
- Install the app, create a account and login.
- Create a new project, Select the board as ESP8266.
- You will receive a authentication code of the project in your E-Mail which we will use in the code.
- Click on the add button and add ZeRGBa widget.
- Click on the widget set the R~GP4, G~GP0, B~GP2 and turn off the send on release button.
Step 7: Code:
- Click For Blynk Arduino Library
- Open the given link and download the Blynk zip file.
- Open the Arduino IDE and add the Blynk library to Arduino IDE from Sketch->Include Library->Add .Zip library.
- Open the code from Files->Examples->Blynk->Boards_Wifi->ESP8266_Standalone .
- Copy paste the authentication code received in email.
char auth = "YourAuthToken";
- Enter you home Wifi Name and Password
char ssid = "YourNetworkName";
char pass = "YourPassword";
- Then select the board type as ESP8266(NodeMCU)
- Select the port and upload the code.
Step 8: Final:
- Take the 5V micro USB adapter to power the lamp.
- Turn ON the lamp.
- Open the app, click on play icon on top right.
- And that's it you can select the color you want on the lamp.
Participated in the
Mason Jar Speed Challenge